Hospice care focuses on your comfort and quality of life with a team of trained professionals who are here to help during the end of life journey. We work together to improve your quality of life, minimize discomfort, and control your symptoms. We focus on ensuring your comfort, dignity, and peace of mind.
ENROLLING IN HOSPICE CARE
WHEN IS IT TIME?
CALL HOSPICE WHEN YOUR LOVED ONE:
- visited the ER/hospital several times in the last 6 months.
- steadily lost weight over the past year.
- needs increased help to feed, bathe and clothe themselves.
- increased medication to ease pain.
- is diagnosed with one or multiple serious illnesses.
- has questions about being able to stay home and remain comfortable.
- wonders about stopping treatments and aims for quality of life.
Families who called earlier about their concerns say they had more time to have a peaceful goodbye and maintain a supportive quality of life. We encourage families to discuss options, find support, and plan for smooth transitions.
YOUR INTERDISCIPLINARY TEAM
- Board Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Physician
- Experienced Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Nurses
- Licensed Medical Social Workers
- Certified Nurse Aides
- Grief Support Staff
- Spiritual Care Staff
Your team may also include:
- Licensed Dietitians, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Massage Therapists, Speech Therapists, Trained Volunteers and Animal Companions.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER DOCTOR REFERRAL
Find ease in your first contact with Hospice of North Idaho for Hospice Care services. Call Hospice for a consultation 24-hours, 365 when you or your loved one needs care for a life-limiting diagnosis.
COST OF CARE
We bill private insurance, Medicaid, and Medicare based on the level of care. Hospice care is often covered by Medicare; however every financial situation is different. No one will be denied services based on their financial circumstances.
REFER A PATIENT
Provide your patients with a comfortable and dignified journey through end of life care. We provide comprehensive support to ease their transition. Families say that they should have had more time with Hospice after experiencing this unique journey together.
Call Hospice then fax a Physicians Order, Demographics, and POST if available. Our referral nurse will contact the patent within 48-hours to schedule a personal assessment.
Refer (208) 772-7994
Confidential Fax (208) 209-8509
We are here to help. If you need to speak with a nurse urgently, please call our main office number at (208) 772-7994. Otherwise, please fill out the form below and your message will be received M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, excluding holidays. We are happy to get back to you! Thank you!