Our community’s trusted nonprofit hospice since 1981, proudly serving families in Kootenai, Shoshone and Benewah Counties.
PATIENT & FAMILY CARE
Even while seeking treatment, gain insight into your advanced care planning with Palliative Care. Set goals, make priorities, communicate your needs, and make informed decisions. Offered in the Coeur d’Alene region.
IN-HOME, HOSPICE CARE
Wherever You Call “Home”
Develop a unique plan meeting personal goals and wishes. Whether in a residence or skilled nursing facility, our staff offers holistic support for patients, families, and caregivers along the journey. Choose from any of our specialty-care and volunteer services.
The Schneidmiller House is a place of comfort care when with 24-hour nursing support is needed, and where families experience a peaceful home-like setting as an alternative to a hospital setting.
AT THE SCHNEIDMILLER HOUSE
Family caregivers find added support for their efforts with respite care. Ask your Hospice nurse about short-term care at the Schneidmiller House.
With open hearts and expertise, we serve the seriously ill and those touched by loss.
Together, we create a community where all people can live fully and die with dignity.
We provide compassionate and collaborative care believing that every individual deserves expert care, dignity, respect, and comfort at the end of their life.
WHEN IS IT TIME?
Ask if Hospice can help when your loved one:
- visited the ER/hospital several times in the last 6 months.
- steadily lost weight over the past year.
- is unable to feed, bathe and clothe themselves.
- increased medication to ease pain.
- is diagnosed with one or multiple serious illnesses.
- has questions about being able to stay home and remain comfortable.
- wonders about stopping treatments and aims for quality of life.