Palliative care supports individuals who have been diagnosed with a chronic or life-limiting illness. Individuals on Community Palliative care benefit from consultative support from our experts while pursuing curative treatments and maintaining their current health care team.
- Proactive, informative care that keeps the individual in control of their journey.
- Visits are completed in the home for maximum convenience and comfort.
- Collaborative care with health care teams to support the individual’s goals.
- Helps manage increased pain.
- Shown to reduce emergency room visits.
- Assistance with Advance Directives and other important documents to provide the individual and their family with peace of mind.
Being diagnosed with a chronic or life limiting illness can feel overwhelming. Individuals often need support to see that living with a life-limiting illness does not have to limit their quality of life. With this in mind, the palliative care team works with the individual and their support system to create goals related to the life they want to live outside of their diagnosis.
HIGH VALUE AT A LOW COST
Community Palliative Care services are billed to an individual’s Medicaid, Medicare, or private insurance for each billable in-home visit. Individuals are financially responsible for all deductibles, co-payments, co-insurance amounts, as well as any other charges deemed “patient responsibility” by the insurance carrier.
Remaining costs can be covered with charitable care so that cost is not a barrier to reaching the best palliative care available. This cost adds value to an individual’s illness journey by reducing emergency room visits, managing increases in pain, and providing peace of mind knowing that the Community Palliative Care team is on their side every step of the way.